Meridian FUEL/AIR INDUCTION CLEANUP
Using specialized equipment our technicians will quickly and effectively clean intake manifold, ports, intake valves, and combustion chamber. Install injector cleaning additive in the tank. This service will restore lost power and performance and will reduce harmful exhaust emissions.
The next time you have to go in for emissions testing, come by our shop before you go and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you pass. We know how important it is to have your car in Meridian to get around. Getting a failing grade during your emissions testing will keep you from being able to drive your car until it can pass it, why not tackle the problem head-on and get yourself prepared at John's Auto Care?
We have noticed a few common reasons why people fail their emissions testing at John's Auto Care. We want our Meridian customers to be aware of them so that they know what they may need help with:
- Bad specification of your fuel metering - commonly caused by a faulty carburetor or fuel injection unit
- Faulty ignition system - defective or worn out spark plugs, old distributor cap, ignition timing issues
- Vacuum leak - found in the vacuum lines or gaskets
- Fuel mixture too rich - contaminated oxygen sensor, injectors leaking and too much fuel pressure
- Malfunctioning air injection system - causes excess hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide result
- Faulty EVAP (Evaporative Emissions Control System) - leaks in the vacuum hoses and vents, defective purge valves, loose gas caps
Those are the 7 most common reasons we see at John's behind a failed emissions test. We encourage all of our customers in Meridian to come to us before their emissions testing to get their car in shape.